Agro-Line is easier and quicker to install than any galvanized wire used in viticulture, arboriculture and horticulture.
- Wind Breaks
- Bird Netting Installations
- Growing Tunnels
- Shade Net Installations
- Flower and Ornamental Plant Support
- Hanging Lines for Drip Irrigation
Not recommended for heavy load bearing applications. To prevent wearing, use proper clips when installing on metal posts.
Recommended Wire Substitutions
- Mechanical Harvesters: Agro-Line is perfect for use with mechanical harvesters. The line returns to its initial position without damage or strain and it cushions machinery vibrations. it’s smooth surface makes it easier to remove intertwined tendrils and shoots (while its elasticity absorbs machine vibrations) transmitting only to vines near the harvester zone. This results in better fruit quality.
- Berries: It can be used as lifting wires, irrigation wires, overhead netting and shade support. It is not recommended where there may be exposure to sharp knives, i.e. top wires on a 3 wire raspberry trellis system
- Raspberries 3-Wire System: top wire to be galvanized steel, lifting wires to be Agro-Line
- Blueberries: all wires as Agro-Line
- Grapes: cordon wires, foliage wires, overhead netting and shade support. Agro-Line is not recommended for fruiting wires. Do not use line on metal posts without protective clips, to prevent chafe damage.
- Overhead Bird Netting: all wires as Agro-Line
- Greenhouse Support Wires: all wires as Agro-Line
- Manipulation of Foliage: The elasticity of Agro-Line allows the lifting wire to be hooked below at the start of the growing season. It can then be lifted without losing any tension. Studies have shown the ease of use is 5-10 times better than wire. It also requires fewer clips or staples to keep the foliage wires together.
Using Post End Locks
Broken line can be repaired, use the following illustration as a guide.